5 Simple Home Remedies For Itchy Scalp
An itchy scalp is definitely quite annoying. Especially, when you’re out or trying to do an important task but the itchiness doesn’t let you concentrate on anything. If you’re frequently scratching your head, then it could be more than just regular dandruff. There are various other factors that can cause an itchy scalp like ringworm, bacterial infection, dryness etc. Itchy scalp can lead to excessive hair fall. We often end up spending a lot of money on trying various hair products just to cure this problem. However, just few simple home remedies can possibly help you get rid of that itchy scalp. Read on to know more.
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda has both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help in killing the bacterias causing infection, hair fall or itchiness. All you need is 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda and water. Take a bowl and add both the ingredients in it. Mix it until the consistency becomes like a thick paste. Once you’re done with it, take the paste and spread it over your scalp for 10 to 15 minutes. After completion of 15 minutes, you can wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
2. Olive Oil: It has anti-inflammatory and skin protecting agents which help in healing itchiness or infection on scalp. Heat organic olive oil for around 7 seconds in microwave and apply it all over your head. Leave it overnight and rinse it in the morning. Repeat this method twice a week for better results.
3. Tea Tree oil: Tea tree oil has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which help in treating the itchiness by moisturizing and nourishing the scalp. Take 5-7 drops of oil and apply it directly on the scalp. Massage it thoroughly for few minutes and leave it overnight.
4. Coconut Oil: Coconut is loaded with anti-fungal properties that can treat itchiness and fungal infections to a great extent. Oiling the hair with coconut oil can help balance moisture. Take the coconut oil and warm it for 10 seconds. Apply it over your head and allow it to stay for 15 mins. Rinse off once it’s done.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps in treating an itchy scalp because of its anti-microbial and soothing properties. Take organic aloe vera gel and apply it directly to your scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice a week to see better results.